yes folks we have been on our hols to the beautiful Lake District. extremely fortunate to have fabulous weather the whole week, a beautiful place to stay and some lovely days outwith Grandparents. we enjoyed- in no particular order
- the crystal clear streams as you can see above (especially if we can paddle around in just our pants!- kids only though!)
- meeting friends - the Fitzo gang!
- eating ice-creams and cream teas
- going on walks and being carried by mummy and daddy (!)
- watching for Peter Rabbit (and the many Flopsy bunnies) on the lawn every morning while having breakfast
- eating wild strawberries and raspberries
- going on boat trips on Conniston and Windermere
- visiting Hill Top (beatrix potter) and reading Samuel Whiskers
- buying our own piece of Elterwater Cumbrian Slate to install at home (bird bath! then finding a bench made of the same material, probably the same quarry, outside Euston Station!
its been a very productive month in the garden too. when we got home we had giant sunflowers and courgettes, beetroots and patty pans!
some arty farty flower photos as per the normal...craft stuff has been happening but will have a post of its own i think. as will baking... :)