Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
When am not doing the everyday stuff of life i am making things. Or thinking about making things....

Sunday, 4 March 2012

Mostly My Birthday

hello all. again sorry for the delay in posting, two sick kids have limited my time since I started thinking about a birthday blog. so it was a few weeks ago, but i was spoilt rotten and had some lovely presents and gifts. My mum and dad had the kids for the weekend, I helped Stokie Bloke put up the rockwool insulation in the shed ( nice!!!)  and i planted a few trees.
Annie bought this wonderful Medlar and although this is not the most stunning photo i was properly chuffed to bits and we promptly went to the alotment and planted it there together. it will live for 300 years apparently so it’s nice to think it will be here long after i’ve gone. Coincidently the head gardener at River Cottage also planted one of these as his first tree. I had just got his wonderful book A Taste of the Unexpected and was reading it when Annie delivered the tree. also planted a morello cherry and victoria plum in the garden to eventually replace the boring non blossoming and thus non fruiting cherry we have already. I am eying up japanese wineberries and schezuan pepper plants now too… just wish it would stop raining.
feb2012 006
medlar tree
                                                  
Also managed to bag an ipad and Kindle from my dad and Stokie Bloke respectively which was fabbo! As a librarian i thought i would be more ambivalent to the Kindle but i actually am very impressed with the feel and style of it. I downloaded Warhorse by Michael Morpurgo to read as my first book (far to easy to do!) and attempted to make a case for it. that is definitely work in progress so no photo yet.am liking this design for the ipad very much indeedy!

I was treated to bubbles and booze too and zola topped off the week with a crochet lesson at her house. So that’s how you hold the crochet hook!!! and i can read the patterns slightly more easily now. However am still not a natural so no photos yet. zola has probably completed a granny square blanket by now and mark will be creating his new fashion line in crochet as we speak!!!  what a lovely day I had.
feb2012 013 
feb2012 009
very warm hat knitted in 2 hours!


feb2012 011
skinny fit mitts by my mum
 before then it was very very cold so i knitted a crazy ski style hat in |Rowan Big Wool in  ONE EVENING – yes you read right it really only took 2 hours. my mum knitted the fab cabled gloves which are incredibly warm with some cheap hobby craft wool/acrylic mix. the pattern was from Ravelry and called Skinny Fit Mitts. Deirdre sent me a lovely parcel full of lace so i am thinking of a project for that very soon.


finally i picked up some interesting bits and bobs at WRAP – see below.

feb2012 007
string, weights and handmade pattern weights by me


feb2012 008
lace wool and buttons. um Kindle holder???

shed update next time i promise and  the new bedroom project unfolds...
thanks everyone for your birthday wishes.xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment