Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
When am not doing the everyday stuff of life i am making things. Or thinking about making things....

Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Mostly autumn

Butter type beans from a runner bean called the csar and autumn leaves picked on the last few lovely days of September. We've had a great late summer but the weather has turned a bit now and is rainy and windy.
Listening to instructions with earphones on may be an error!
Our last part of the giant shed project is coming along, joking up the water and electrics to the house. Here is j at work helping daddy. I couldn't watch as he bashed away with the pick axe!

Two yummy recipes! The local market had cherries on sale so armed with two pounds of them, sugar brandy and some vodka I have made some cherry liqueur. I like many before me, gave up stoning the cherries about half way through! Will have to wait and see how it turns out. The second golden jar is spiced crabapple vodka from Alys Fowlers Edible Garden. I don't normally drink vodka so again will be interested to see how they turn out. As i had the sad task of helping to cut down a crabapple tree it seemed only fitting to make as much use of the lovely crabapples as possible. along with this jar full of beauties I have about 5 jars of crabapple jelly made too! My dark under stairs cupboard is getting pretty full now but these need to be stashed away somewhere dark to preserve the colours and keep Stokie Bloke from drinking them.....





No comments:

Post a Comment