Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
When am not doing the everyday stuff of life i am making things. Or thinking about making things....

Wednesday, 3 October 2012

mostly cakes and coffee

As the kids have cake sales at school I decided to try the banoffee banana loaf cake as cupcakes. See previous post for the loaf pic.

Success!

Recipe here (from Waitrose but I couldn't see it on their website.)

75g soft butter
25g caster sugar
1 medium egg
397g can Nestlé Carnation Caramel
3 ripe bananas
225g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
Choc chips

Beat butter and sugar, add egg and then caramel and bananas until you have a nice gooey mess.

Fold in flour and baking powder and chic chips.

Put into cases and bake at gas 5 for 20 -25 mins til golden and firm to touch. Bake for one hour in a greased lined loaf tin if making the loaf style cake. Decorate in the style of your choosing! I think they will make great Halloween cupcakes with orange icing and spider webs on them!

Thrifting recently I found a giant white cup perfect for mocha or latte or hot chocolate for 50p, M&S Andante style. Also the cute little grey glass ramekins, made in Mexico for 99p! I have no idea what they were made for but I like them and will certainly find a use for them.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment