Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
When am not doing the everyday stuff of life i am making things. Or thinking about making things....

Saturday, 2 February 2013

Mostly indoors

The snow may have gone but the kids had some fun while it lasted. It also meant some time spent indoors too so crafts and making were in force

J has been doing 3 d shapes at school so with a template from minieco's website based on weather as well it was a great crafting afternoon. So much that i was late to collect O from her gynastics class. oops.

Hanging the. On an handy recycled white hangar as a mobile was idea though.

J loved making the tetrahedrons!

 

Then we made lots of marzipan fruits as i had so much left over marzipan from christmas. It broughht back happy memories of making these with my mum when i was a child. I also realise how patient she must have been. My hands and chopping boards were rather stained after it!

 

Kids decorated gingerbread men after a sledging session...not handmade gingerbread though, sorry!
J has enjoyed making some robots, one of his christmas pressies.

Now this is the real reason that i have been a bit quiet on the blogging front recently, my mission to make 6 roman blinds. These are the hall and kitchen ones. Today the playroom ones went up too courtesy of Stokie Bloke. Here is the hall one, it is Ikea fabric I have been wanting to use for ages and one of my favourite colour combinations. Pics of the spotty ones for the playroom when we next get some sun!

 

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the Roman blind - they are buggers to make. The maths involved usually defeats me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so where is your Mostly My Birthday blog??!! Z xx

    ReplyDelete