Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
When am not doing the everyday stuff of life i am making things. Or thinking about making things....

Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Mostly eating!

Oh dear the easter egg pile has dwindled, mainly because of me. Lets hope the kids don't notice....I have made some lovely healthy oat cookies for them to make up for that lapse in self control. From a tesco recipe and very yummy.

I had a go a homemade gnocchi. Yes mad I know and though I totally used the wrong potatoes, I did get to use my potato ricer for about erm, the second time ever, so that alone felt very virtuous. The results were actually ok, much lighter than shop bought and rendered more delicious by frying them in oil, Nigella style. She calls them scallopini or something similar.

I have been re watching HFW's River Cottage Everyday. A fab series and it inspired me to revisit my stack of cook books and use them. So last week on easter hols, the kids had blueberry pancakes for breakfast and I even tried making my own yoghurt and some banana oat thickies. All massively satisfying on several levels. Mainly my waistline level!

 

With the remainder of the blueberries and yoghurt I made these scrummy blueberry and lemon scones via Willowday blog. I tweaked the recipe to add cream of tartar and baking powder to make them rise a bit more. They had a lovely flavour. I am never confident using us cup measurements and this needed less liquid or more flour to me but easily remedied.

Link here http://www.willowday.com/2013/02/blueberry-scones.html

Happy eating!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment