Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
When am not doing the everyday stuff of life i am making things. Or thinking about making things....

Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Mostly Sourdough

I have finally taken the plunge and started off a sourdough starter. 1 tbsp flour to 2 tbsp of water in a Kilner jar each day for about 5 days. Its not super fizzy but has that sour smell and small bubbles. The breadis divine though it doesnt rise much being wild yeast not commercial yeast.

I got a new magazine called Bread which inspired me and was where i saw the scissor snipped sun for the top of this loaf, my first sourdough.

Inside the lovely holes that characterise the sourdough.

Finally, todays lunch, ham and cheese with left over cheese sauce and onion marmalade on yes you guessed it, SOURDOUGH!

More soon. X

 

No comments:

Post a Comment