Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
When am not doing the everyday stuff of life i am making things. Or thinking about making things....

Sunday, 9 June 2013

Mostly clay ovens and birthdays!

Hi guys

Sorry for the long delays in posting but we were away for a lovely half term in St. Ives with the Holt family! I have also been doing a really huge painting project. More details soon when its finally finished ( not long now!)

So holidays pics will follow but here is a quick overview of our great clay oven course in Wandlebury, nr Cambridge. Our host Rupert was really inspiring, making gorgeous flapjacks, 12 hour ham, bread and elderflower cordial for our lunch. We made one oven, though it was too damp to set on our overcast day.

Luckily Rupert has two ready made ovens which he had fired up as we arrived. Other course participants keep bees so I joked to Stokie Bloke that bees are next on the list. You should have seen his face.!
My little boy celebrated his 5th birthday with an outdoors funfilled, slightly overcast chicken party!
 
I am mean for suggesting it over a bouncy castle party????
 
 
We had musical eggs, egg and spoon races, pin the beak on the chicken and pecking popcorn which wasa favourite with the kids. I gave books and homemade bookmarks for party presents and we had little lolly prizes for the best chicken wings!
The Cakes were not chicken themed as I was not confident making them, so instead we had Cookie Monster cakes. Thanks to Sarah Badger for the inspiration!
Happy Birthday my boy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment